Monday 24 March 2014

Art Journal…….

Welcome! If you haven't been following me lately you may have missed the first few pages of my new Art Journal.  I freely admit this is a new journey for me. I am not sure what others chose to use their art journal for…..maybe their aren't any rules. For myself, I am using this as a way to express my creativity. I don't intend for my journal to have a theme or particular colour scheme. I have tried that in the past and it just don't work for me. Perhaps that's due to my lack of focus lately. I lose interest in those projects.

So on to today's pages…..


I found a stash of retired Stampin Up Designer Series papers I had forgotten about. I knew I wanted to work on the chalkboard technique as I recently bought these great little quote stamps and hadn't had a chance to use them.






I embossed these little birds in black. I mounted it on some black card stock but found it was too bold so I rubbed it down with the embossing buddy and that gave it a much softer look.








Well there you have it! I am enjoying working on this album and am thinking I would enjoy taking a journalling class if time allows. I hope you will give one of these albums a go as well. Come back again. Cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment