Wednesday 23 July 2014

Watercoloring with Stippled Blossoms

Hi Stampers. Today I want to share a project  using the water colouring technique with the Stippled Blossoms Stamp Set. Although this was not my first stamp set of choice to use watercoloring on, it's worked ! Have a look and then I will share how I achieved it.



 So let's begin with the background. I inked up my Stampin Up Hardwood stamp using crumb cake. I added a touch of soft suede and always artichoke with my markers.  It has given the wood grain a more realistic look. Next I framed the natural card stock with the stamp from Morning meadow. I masked it off to create a frame. An older post has details on achieving the frame affect in more detail.

 On to the fun part! I stamped the Stippled Blossom stamps using brown Stazon ink. Using my ink refills in Pumpkin Pie, Coral Calypso,  Daffodil Delight,Always Artichoke and Rich Razzleberry. I placed a drop of each onto some acetate. With my aqua painter I diluted each colour and coloured in the images. Allow this first coat to dry completely then you can go back and add more colour until you achieve the desired effect. Some of the leaves I added a little Daffodil Delight to give a more natural
look. To finish I added a little Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon and of course pearls!

 Well that completes today's project. I hope you've enjoyed it. If you have any questions or comments get in touch! Have a wonderful Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment