Saturday 11 October 2014

Flower Patch Autumn

Hi Stampers. I hope you are having a great start to your weekend. I have started my Saturday in the studio. Today's project was inspired by the change of season. Autumn is truly here…YAY! I love this season and all the activities surrounding it. Trips to the orchard, hay rides, Halloween and Thanksgiving soon to come.



  I'l start with creating the background on this card. I used the natural white card stock by Stampin Up. On a piece of acetate I randomly dropped pumpkin pie ink refill and old olive. I misted it with a little water then began stamping the images with the leaf stamp from the Flower Patch stamp set. As you can see it gives a water coloured effect to the images. Don't worry if it looks like a "blob" when wet . It will dry to a beautiful soft image. Once this has completely dried I came back in with stamping -off technique using the same chosen stamps for the background and added some of the wheat from the Truly Grateful set by Stampin UP. Some of the images have been added in Daffodil Delight.



The die cuts have been distressed with a little crumb cake on the edge to tone down the colour a bit. The leaves were made using soft suede and then going over it with daffodil delight. Garden twine, brad and a little sentiment were the finishing touches.


I hope you have enjoyed your visit today. Now I am off for an Autumn walk in the woods with my dog Daisy. Enjoy the glorious colours God's given us in this season. Cya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment