Sunday 12 October 2014

Wonderous Wreath

Hi Stampers and welcome back! I had more time to craft yesterday with afternoon showers so I thought I would take advantage of the free time. I am so grateful for the times when I have no choice but slow down and take time for myself and recharging my batteries. For me, crafting time allows me to do just that! So on to what I got up to in the studio……

I carried on using the same colours as yesterday but I have lots of exciting techniques to share with you today. First I cannot take credit for either technique used in this card. The wreath was made by my super talented & good friend Sue Ralph who demonstrates her painting with embossing powders in this video found here. Thanks Sue!! I just love this technique and the effect it gives is so realistic.



The background was created using the Emboss Resist technique shown in this video here. This technique is a little messy but well worth the effort! It gives you a weathered piece of wood to work with which as you probably already guessed I love.



My base card stock is Old Olive, Natural White and Crumb Cake to create the wood background.

And just because …..


I wanted to play with my new Flower Patch stamp set a little more and try something different. I created a little wreath with the leaf stamp , cut out a couple leaves, circles and this is what I came up with. Not traditional colours for a Christmas card but still I like!



I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Please leave a comment below and do come again! Cya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment